Hey all!! I know I've been quite absent as of late, but trust me when I say that I have not given up on this community. I'm in the process of transitioning to a new job (I start on Monday!!!!), so my personal life has taken up most of my time lately.
In order to help with some of that, I'm looking to take on two co-mods for this community. Your responsibilities would basically be helping to keep the peace, tagging user entries, making sure everyone's following the rules, answering questions, and introducing yourselves to newbies and making them feel welcome. I'm hoping that I can be around more in a couple of weeks, but I figured I should put this out there now so that I can get things rolling.
What I ask of you is that you have been moderator of a community before and that you are not currently moderating or co-modding more than 5 communities. Please reply below and let me know if you have any questions. Replies will be screened. Also, please note that my decisions will not be based on a "first come, first served" basis. I will probably make a decision by the end of the weekend, so please post before then. Thank you all so much for helping this to be such a great community!!!!
I have been a bit absent as of late due to real life commitments and we have lots and lots of wonderful new members (waves to everyone), sooooooo.... I figured now is as good a time as any to review the rules, in case anyone's forgotten them or perhaps if you never saw them in the first place.
RULES & GUIDELINES
*Please note that ignorance of the rules is not an acceptable excuse for breaking a rule, so please do glance through these before posting!*
1. No flaming of others, no attacks. Violators will be exterminated. We're here for fun, it should never get that serious. While disagreements with opinions are certainly allowed, please be respectful.
2. All fics, icons, wallpapers, & fan vids should focus on the Tenth Doctor (ie. gen Ten, Ten/Rose, Ten/Martha, Ten/Reinette, Ten/Sarah Jane Smith, Ten slash, etc... ). All fic posts must include Ratings with the summary visible to everyone and the story behind a cut! Icon posts can include 3 preview icons before the cut tag.
3. Topics of discussion may include David Tennant's Doctor and anyone he's traveled with or met along the way, current series spoilers/reviews/speculation, and related Doctor Who news.
4. Ship-wars (i.e. Ten/Rose vs. Ten/Martha), theft of any type of creative material, fighting, and/or character-bashing are very much NOT tolerated in this community. You will only be warned once.
5. LJ-Cuts are a requirement for: lengthy posts, all fics, SPOILERS (important! - this includes any and all episodes from the 2nd season that have not aired in the U.S.), adults-only material, large graphics/screencaps, and icon posts.
6. Discussion, vids, graphics, etc. surrounding David Tennants other works (i.e. Blackpool, Casanova, Harry Potter, etc.), or his personal life should not be discussed in this community. This comm is ONLY for David Tennant in the context of his role as the Tenth Doctor.
7. Please do not promote another community/site without first contacting a mod for permission!
8. Please attempt to TAG all of your posts so that people can sort through them easier and include SUBJECTS. Used tags will be listed in the sidebar on the left side of the page so that we can all try to use the same ones and keep things neater all around! Thanks *g*
9. Please try to refrain from using netspeak in this community (i.e. Can u fix this img 4 me, pls! Thx!!). It's hard to read and most people don't appreciate it.
That is all!! Thanks for your cooperation and for making this such a fantastic community!!! Comments, complaints, and questions are always welcome, and if you'd rather keep it private - contact me at 10thdoctor at gmaildotcom *g*
As of yesterday, this community has been running for 2 months! It's almost hard to believe that it's been that long! For anyone who's curious, I've got some random community stats to share:
So far, we've had 277 people join the community (4-5 new members per day), 182 posts, 358 comments, and added 5 affiliates. Not bad for two months.
So, here's where I start to wonder if there's anything I can be doing better. Do you think we should have regular weekly discussions/challenges/polls .... would you rather there be more moderators instead of just me .... do I make too many administrative/modly posts ... or is there something you've seen at other comms that you'd like to see around here? Feel free to let me know whatever's on you're mind... if you don't like something, I'd rather know about it, so don't worry about offending me ;) Of course, if you love everything about this community and just want to let me know - that's always nice too!! Comments will be screened just in case you don't want to share with the whole group *g*
*** Please Read ***
Well, it's been a while since I've made any real modly-type posts around here and since we've now jumped to over 200 members, I thought it would be a good idea to remind people of a few simple rules AND ask for some input ;) *g*
Everyone has been absolutely wonderful so far, but the one major thing I've been having trouble with is keeping up with TAGS. Please, please, please try to TAG all of your posts. It keeps everything so wonderfully organized, and it really is the best way to keep track of all the posts! All of the TAGs that have been used so far are in the sidebar, so try to use one of those if you can. If nothing fits, you can always create a new one! Also, subject headings on all the posts are extremely helpful.
Now, onto the other reason for this post. I want feedback. What's working around here, what isn't, and most importantly - what do you want to see here that we haven't been doing? The end of the current season is coming very soon, and I'd love to keep this place active over the summer so we all don't go crazy waiting for the next season to roll around *g* Comments would be much adored but you can also email me at 10thdoctor @ gmail.com if you'd rather keep it private!! Thanks *g*
Hey all!! I was thinking today about other things we could do at this community to get everyone involved and I had the idea of a 'weekly thematic multimedia challenge'. Here's what I was thinking... I (or other people in the comm) could decide on a theme for the challenge each Sunday, and then during the week, anyone who wanted to join in could make icons, vids, fanart, fanfics, etc. all focused on that week's theme. It would be more of a fun thing, kind of like a way to spark your creativity (similar to comms that give people prompts for fics each week), than a contest. I don't think I'd want voting or anything like that. I just figured I'd ask you all if you were interested before I went ahead with anything. I'm open to suggestions of how you'd like things done, too ... just drop a comment below *g*
** ETA: And here's where I sound like a big broken record... please, if at all possible, try to TAG all of your posts... I really want to keep things as organized as possible for anyone who happens to stumble in here for the first time wondering what they've missed *g* Thank you!!! **